New Delhi: In major relief for lakhs of central government employees and retired pensioners, Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) have been hiked by the central government. This means that central government employees will get hike in salary and pensioners will get an increased amount in hand.
The big decision was taken by the Cabinet Committee chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 14.
7th Pay Commission DA, DR, Salary, Pension Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners were increased to 28 per from the existing rate of 17 per cent of the Basic Pay or Pension.
- The revised rates of increased DA, DR are effective from July 1, 2017. There has been an increase of 11 per cent.
- Three additional instalments of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners, which were due from 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021, had been frozen due to Covid pandemic, says the Central government.
- The increase reflects the additional instalments arising on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021, the central government says in a statement.
- Central government employees and pensioners must note that the rate of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for the period 01.01.2020 to 30.06.2021 would remain at 17 per cent, according to a statement.
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.