Aadhaar Card Update: Aadhaar cards have become an essential part of our daily living now. Starting from work and getting loans to buying homes and utilities, Aadhaar card is needed in every aspect of our life now. Having said so, maintaining one’s security of information becomes the most important aspect of owning an Aadhaar card. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has recently rolled out new changes and updates to the facilities for cardholders. These updates from the UIDAI help the cardholders to perform the task of securing the information and the card in a quick and effective fashion. With these updates, you can you’re your Aadhaar card and also you can unlock when needed.
Locking will help you secure your personal information and conduct business in a secure fashion through the UIDAI platform. Here is how you can go about it.
How to lock Aadhaar Card?
- First, go to the UIDAI official website at uidai.gov.in
- Then go to the Aadhaar Services section that is found in the drop-down menu under the ‘My Aadhaar’ option and select the ‘Aadhaar Lock and Unlock Services’.
- After this, you will then be taken to another page, where you need to click on the ‘Lock UID’ option.
- Then you need to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card number also known as a UID.
- After this, you need to enter your name and area pin code in the given fields.
- Once you have done that, click on the ‘Verify’ option. (To verify make sure you enter the security code.)
- After that, you will have to clock the ‘Send OTP’ option and then you will need to enter the One Time Password (OTP) that is sent to your registered phone number.
- With that done, your Aadhaar is locked and secured.
How to unlock Aadhaar Card?
- In order to unlock the Aadhaar card, the cardholders will need their virtual IDs or VID number.
- In case, you forgot your VID and need it again, you can obtain it easily via a simple SMS.
- The format is as follows: RVID (Space) the last 4 or 8 digits of your Aadhaar card. Once your VID is with you, enter it along with a security code.
- Then all you need to do is click on ‘Send OTP’ or select ‘TOTP’ and submit.
- With this process, you will have successfully unlocked your Aadhaar card.
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.