International Flights Latest News Today: Starting from Monday, the Canadian government has relaxed travel restrictions for international passengers. Earlier, it was announced by the Public Health Agency of Canada on July 3. However, the move to ease the travel restrictions will benefit Canadian citizens, permanent residents and their relatives, international students and some temporary workers who have valid work permit. The entry relaxations are not going to help Indians at the moment and the flight ban for Indian citizens still continues. The easing of restrictions has come into effect 12.01 am (Canada time) on Monday.
“Fully vaccinated travellers allowed to enter Canada may be exempt from federal quarantine and day 8 testing starting July 5. Only vaccines approved by the Government of Canada will be accepted,” the Public Health Agency of Canada had earlier said in a tweet.
The agency has also said in another that starting from July 5, the travellers must submit their vaccination status and supporting documents in English or French (or certified translation), into #ArriveCAN. An updated version of ArriveCAN will be released on July 5.
Who can fly to Canada at present:
- Travellers must upload their proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN portal.
- They also need to use ArriveCAN to enter their proof of vaccination, quarantine and travel information.
- If they don’t provide the required information in ArriveCAN before arriving at the border, then they won’t be considered for the exemption.
- Travellers need to isolate at a government-approved hotel for three days while awaiting the result of their Covid-19 test done on arrival.
- Isolation is not required for individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- Canada has only approved the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Astra Zeneca/Covishield, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
- Travellers must note that the direct flights from India are banned till July 21 until further notice.
- Passengers travelling to Canada via connecting flights will have to present negative Covid test results before entering Canada.
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.