New Delhi: The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has introduced a new registration mark for passenger vehicles — two-wheelers and four-wheelers — in a bid to simplify the process of relocation when the owner of the vehicle shifts from one state to another. The new registration mark is called the Bharat series (BH series) and once a passenger gets this, they will no longer have to re-register their car or bike while moving to a new state/UT.
This vehicle registration scheme will facilitate free movement of personal vehicles across states/union territories of India upon relocation, a notification issued by the government read.
BH-Series Registration Mark: Who can apply
Before going into how to apply for the BH Bharat Series Registration mark, we must know who all are eligible for the facility.
The ‘BH’ Bharat Series registration facility “will be available on a voluntary basis to the Defence personnel, employees of the Central government, State government, Central/ State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies or organisations, which have their offices in four or more states or union territories,” the ministry stated.
BH-Series Registration Mark: How to apply
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- First things first, you will need a ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from the parent state of your vehicle, i.e., the state it was bought in.
- Once you pay the requisite road tax on a pro-rata basis in the new state, a new registration mark will be assigned for your vehicle.
- Then, fill in the application form for a refund on the road tax in the parent state.
BH-Series Registration Mark: How the number looks
The format of the BH-series registration mark will be YY BH #### XX where,
- YY is the Year of First Registration
- BH is code for Bharat Series
- #### is a Randomised 4-digit Number (0000 to 9999)
- XX is Alphabets (AA to ZZ).
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.