Mumbai: BSE Sensex today settled 175.62 points or 0.31 per cent higher at 56,124.72. The broader NSE Nifty gained 68.30 points or 0.41 per cent to finish at a record 16,705.20. Equity benchmark Sensex surged to close at its new lifetime high boosted by gains in TCS, L&T and HDFC amid a largely subdued trend in global markets, as per PTI report.
- UltraTech Cement was the top gainer in the Sensex pack, surging over 3 per cent, followed by L&T, Dr Reddy’s, Bajaj Finserv, Sun Pharma, TCS and Kotak Bank, the PTI report.
- On the other hand, Infosys, IndusInd Bank, M&M, Nestle India and HCL Tech were among the laggards, according to PTI report.
- Elsewhere in Asia, bourses in Shanghai and Seoul ended with gains, while Hong Kong and Tokyo settled in the red.
- Equities in Europe were trading on a negative note in mid-session deals.
- Meanwhile, international oil benchmark Brent crude rose 0.94 per cent to USD 71.74 per barrel.
- Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) remained net sellers in the capital market as they offloaded shares worth Rs 1,974.48 crore on Thursday, as per provisional exchange data.
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.