On the closing of year 2020 on extraordinary meeting of this Association was conducted simultaneously in Srinagar presided over by the president Tariq Javaid , in Jammu presided over by Bihari Kak and in Delhi by Opinder Khushoo to discuss prevailing situation of artists fraternity which is badly suffering from economic deprivation due to Prasar Bharti’s indifferent attitude. Some guests which include Zameer Ashai from other association also participated in the meeting to receive their opinion.
The Association stressed upon the Govt. of India and Prasar Bharti to resolve long pending problems of the fraternity otherwise this fraternity shall have no option but to come to the streets for protest. Govt. should resolve to :
- Restore national and local commissioning
- Restore in-house fiction which is stopped for the last ten years
- Telecast the programmes already prepared and tapes available with Doordarshan , Srinagar to improve the damaged image of Doordarshan.
- Release long pending payments which has not been released for the last ten years and artists are facing economic stress.
- Depute a full-fledged and authorized Director for Doordarshan , Srinagar who can do efforts sincerely for betterment of artist fraternity and the Kendra.
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.