A 45-year-old man was electrocuted in Ganapora Village of Langate in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Sunday morning.
Reports reaching said that the man, Ghulam Mohammad Ganie Son of Abdul Gaffar Ganie of Ganapora Langate, was doing some work in the area when he came in contact with a live wire. Soon after the incident, he was moved to District Hospital Handwara for treatment.
The residents of the area alleged that the incident took place due to low lying electric wire in the area. They said that in most of the places, the electric wire is hanging on tree branches.
An official of PDD division Handwara told that some people were cutting trees in the area without informing the department.
Meanwhile, a police officer also confirmed the incident to and said the injured has been taken to District Hospital Handwara for treatment. “His condition is stable,” the officer added. ( GNS )
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.