SRINAGAR, FEB 23 : The US has said that it is closely monitoring the reports of disengagement of Indian and Chinese soldiers and is constantly monitoring the situation.
This statement of the US State Department has come at a time when the army of India and China have started the process of retreating in eastern Ladakh after eight months of tension.
The two countries have reached an agreement to withdraw their forces in the most controversial area of North and South Pangong Lake by mutual agreement.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ned Price told reporters at a daily press conference, “We are closely watching the reports of the military’s disengagement.” We welcome efforts to reduce stress. “
In response to a question related to reports of withdrawal of Indian and Chinese troops in the Pangon Lake region of Ladakh, he said, “Both sides are working towards a peaceful settlement, we will definitely continue to monitor the situation.”
Tension on the border between India and China increased after the violent clashes in the areas of Lake Pangong on 5 May last year and both sides gradually increased the presence of thousands of troops and heavy weapons there, meanwhile both sides They were also negotiating at the military and diplomatic level.
Military commanders of the two armies held a 10th round of talks on February 20 at the Chushul-Moldo border outpost on the Chinese side.
After this long meeting, a joint statement was issued that both sides positively praised the completion of the disengagement process of frontline troops in Pangog Lake area. It was also said that this is an important step towards resolving other issues on LAC in the western sector.
There is a dispute between India and China over the 3,488 km LAC. China claims Arunachal Pradesh as part of southern Tibet, while India rejects this claim.
Get real time update about this post directly on your device, subscribe now.